Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend In Mankato

I typed this long ass mofo from my phone so I don't wanna hear about
shitty spelling and grammatical errors.

I made the all but wise trip in the winter to see everybodys favorite
bloggers, LGM and WT. I should have known better when I woke up at
the asscrack of dawn on a Friday to drive 5 hours that I was in for
it.

Just Kidding. The trip was good. I had to shovel on Friday before I
left (Something LGM would be confused about) and of course upon
returning, there was more snow.

Friday we rolled into the Kato Holiday Inn about 4 and I called up the
all favorite LGM. We met at Blue Bricks. I of course was punctual and
even had to go back to the hotel because my brilliant tagalong forgot
her ID. We still beat LGM and WT there though. So I text LGM and she
tells me to get a table for 7. (I think she paid some of these people
because I don't know anybody that has 7 friends). Needless to say I
met LGM and ALL of her friends. Then again she met all of mine and I
only took 1 with me. Anyways, I got a salad (I was on a health kick
this weekend) and it was good but then again, can you really muff up a
salad?

We ventured over to the game and I watched WI regress to playing
something similar to the little tykes that play at intermission at the
Kohl. It was terrible and I thought the refs were terrible but not
nearly as bad as the SCSU refs. The best thing about the game was the
pretzel I had and it was just OK....a little dry.

After the game we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and I had my Dirty Girl
Scout. Tastes like my favorite cookie in the whole wide world. Mmmmm.
And I had a Blue UV and Leomonade.....oh wait scratch that, BWW
doesn't carry blue UV so in LGM words I ordered an old gramma drink.
An Armaretto Sour. So about 2315, we left and they went to Blue Bricks
(I think) and we punked out and went back to the hotel because unlike
LGM, we had gotten up at the asscrack of dawn to shovel snow and
drive. Upon trying to explain this to LGM, we decided upon just saying
"We are punkinh out on you" because she was a little too drunk to
understand the words that were coming out of our mouths.

So Saturday I was lazy and only got up to play pool and video games at
the hotel arcade. Then at 5 we met LGM and WT (and company) at Chevys.
Again I had salad and I didn't think it was that great and it tasted
kinda funny. Blue Bricks was better.

So my tagalongs cousin came to the game with us because she only lives
like an hour away and we had never met her bf so perfect opportunity.
Anyways the refs sucked again even though it was to our advantage. If
the Badgers knew how to score on a power play it'd be nice. Anyways,
the game ended in a tie. Jamie McBains mommy sat right behind me and
when he scored his goal on Sat night I thought she was going to fly
through the roof she was so excited. Granted I was pretty excited too
because he was in a little slump so maybe that brought him out of it.

After the game we went to Sidelines where LGM got photo proof that I
exist and she isn't making me up. (we all should have gotten into the
sleigh for a picture). Then we went to Blue Bricks and after that to
The Wine Cafe. The salad from Chevys made me feel like poop and I had
a headache since the second period of the game but I was bound and
determined to show LGM and WT that I wasn't gonna punk out again.
Thought I was gonna yak at the wine cafe but I made it back to the
hotel and felt much better afterwards. (And no kids it wasn't the
alcohol because I only had 3 freekin'drinks)

Sunday we got up ate breakfast and drove back to good ole WI where
they know how to shovel and plow. I seriously don't think I saw a
plowed road or driveway in the entire state of MN. And their fans were
kinda rude and would not sit the fuck down. I don't mind the standing
after a goal but shit. There is really no bad seat at the rink though
when people sit because its so small.

I just wanna say thanks to LGM and WT for hangin' with us losers this
weekend. And a special thanks to WT's Mommy for letting WT miss your
birthday to meet me (I was SO worth it, I swear.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!! I agree on the salad from Chevys! Not good. You were a trooper though, I never would have known you didn't feel well. Glad I didn't know you were close to puking on me! I don't do adult puke well!! Just ask Amy!! :(

It was fun!! I'm glad you could come!! Maybe SCSU next year?? I know I probably won't head to the Kohl again soon - especially for a Huskies/Badgers game. Though, it would be cool if they won with ME there, then we'd know I'm just a good luck charm. Hey, seems to be working for the Mavs!! I've been to 5 of their games this year (yeah, I'm not a fan, I just like hockey) and they're 2-1-2. Not too bad!! :)

Oh, and this post is amazing, considering it was typed on your freaking phone! You are way more technilogical then I am. I must be too old!! I'm lucky I can text and even that goes awry on occasion!!

LetsGoMavs said...

Wow, that's a long entry for being done from your phone!

For the record, it was Heather who said your drink was an old lady drink! You should have switched over to Long Islands. They were very tasty that night!

I didn't know you were sick Saturday either. You're a major trooper! Sorry the salad bar was icky. No clue what was up with that. Generally the food there is good.

Glad I got a chance to meet you this weekend. I'm sure I'll make it to the Kohl again sometime and we can party it up in Madtown.

Yeah, we really should have done a sleigh pic. However, can you imagine how long it would have taken to get all 3 of us to have the right "sexy look" like that one chick?!? Look how many pics she had to take! It was easier to just take a normal one and then to watch the pilates infomercial!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Drunky McDrunky! It wasn't ME who said it was an old gramma drink, I think it was Jeremy or Shannon!!

I totally forgot about the Pilates infomercial - and I wasn't even drunk. Can't believe those jackholes had a non-functioning phone number on there!!

I'm giggling uncontrollably at the thought of the three of us in that freaking sleigh trying out "sexy" looks! :)

Nin said...

Our boobs were too covered to try to look sexy in the sleigh. We would have had to strip to bra and undies and we'd still be wearing more than that girl was. I guess if I would have stripped at least the bar would have cleared out and the servers would have been free to serve us.