Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Weekend Kicked My Ass

So last week we have the all important Thursday night softball league tourney. Why is it so important you ask? Well because we get to play on a field that we can hit the ball over the fence. That is major exciting to us, except for the 2 home run per game limit. Granted I don't think any team surpassed the 2 over the fence limit. On Saturday we of course lose the first game of the double elimination tourney and end up playing 3 games on Saturday which wasn't so bad, but then we decided to come back through the losers brackets on Sunday and win the entire thing. Doesn't sound that difficult but Sunday I woke up with a terrible cold and we weren't even sure that we'd have 10 people show up. So the first game we play the toughest team in the league and we usually lose to them every year for 1st place by losing the last game of the season to them (not that I really care whether we get 1st or 2nd in league 'cause it isn't like we get anything for it). So we are down 8 runs in the 5th inning and I don't know how but we decide to jump on our horse and come back in win in the bottom of the 8th with a base hit to right field. Yea! That was at one and then we have an hour off and end up playing at 3, 4, 5, 6 and because we played an undefeated team and won, we had to play two games to win at 6. It was a long long long day. By the end I was grunting every time I had to throw the ball back to the pitcher from 1st base which isn't that far. I was TIRED....and I had to work that night....and I had a cold. Oh...and I got hit with a line drive in the leg but nicely had my leg flexed so I had a charlie horse for like 3 days. I lived through one night of work but then was so sick that I had to miss two shifts. I guess they frown upon puking in the toilet because it scares people. Who knew? Anyways, it was one of those weekends. I'm so glad there is only one Thursday night and one Wednesday night game left for softball 'cause I think my broken knee is going to fall off. Shocker...and I know, I know, thats what I get for playing on a broken knee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate BLOGGER! I've tried to comment...okay, yell at you for playing softball on that knee...at least three times and it won't post my comment for god's sake!! We'll see if this works. Hope all's well!! :)

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE it works now!

Anonymous said...

Hey NIN!! LGM told me about your football league, but I'm not really a football girl! I don't really know any players or anything, but thanks for the offer!! :)

Nin said...

You wouldn't get last...my mom is trying it out and she doesn't even know that the Packers are green!!

And there are only 2 games left and I am playing catcher both games 'cause my knee has issues big time now. I'm retarded...I know. If you know any single guys that like video games and hockey (or sports in general) that want to marry me so I can have their health insurance let me know.