Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Heather

I have a neice, Heather. She's 12. I'm not sure I was as retarded as she is when I was 12. I was quiet and smart. She is the total opposite. The only thing we really have in common is that we like geeky things like video games and electronic gadgets. Anyways.....we are in the car going to get the disk for "The Sims: Open for Business" because they sold me the display case!! and Heather was spouting about some kid in her class that said this and then somebody says that and blah blah blah blah and then says, " I was like O-M-G that was so dumb" You know those commercials when the kids and gramma speak in text? Thats what it sounded like for a minute. People actually speak like that?!? That is just wrong. When did life turn into this place where you speak in text and IM language. I mean gees, I text and IM quite a bit but I don't think I've ever spoke in anything that came close to 'shorthand' in verbal form. Seriously, do people really talk like this or is it just 12 year old girls? If the work "like" comes out of her mouth before every sentence the next time I see her like I did last weekend, I might go crazy!

7 comments:

LetsGoMavs said...

I say "WFT?!?!" sometimes because I hate the "f" word..so gotta use the short version:) I also say "like" and "seriously!!" way too much. Boy, you're in for a treat when you come here in December. You'll probably smack me!!

Nin said...

Not saying the 'f' word is a little different than saying 'like' and 'O M G' because you're trying not to swear. Saying seriously I won't mind but if you say like, like, every three like words, then like, it might not like go so well. I say my fair share of 'likes' as well, as do most people. She just speaks as though she is a character in Legally Blonde. Oh wait, she's blonde so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyways, I would never smack you nor will I mention if I think you say 'like' way too much. But if you don't like the 'f' word, we'll probably come out even because I use the f word more than I should. Granted I'm pretty shy so I doubt that I'll use many swear words (or say a whole lot) because I don't like to offend people if I can help it.

LetsGoMavs said...

Must be your neice's name. I heard everyone named Heather talks like a Valley Girl....:)

LetsGoMavs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LetsGoMavs said...

Dammit! I hate Blogger. It posted my comment twice so I had to remove one. UGG!

Anonymous said...

LGM! Like, you so better not be picking on me! OMG! WTF??

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard from you in a while! Are you okay??