Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Bunny Killers: Part I & II

The Bunny Killer: Part I

My ma owns a duplex and my best friend and I use to live in one side together. It's a duplex that can either be a duplex or a house really so since we've always been the same family living in it, the backyard was fenced as one big yard. My ma has a shed that Mrs. Momma Bunny thinks is the best place to keep her babies when she has them. Therefore Ty and Basco grew up chasing bunnies the first year of their life but never caught one. The day my best friend moved back into her own house from my house, she let her dogs out into her yard that hadn't been mowed in I don't know how long. She unloads some stuff and goes into the yard and notices that Bailey had something in his mouth. It was a baby bunny and he was ripping it apart. (thats so gross) So then she sees Ty is chewing on something and assumes it's a baby bunny as well. As she gets close she sees it's indeed a babby bunny and Ty gets anxious that she's coming and swallows it whole. (I'll wait while ya'll go throw up) Yeah, the little dachs swallowed a baby bunny whole. I thought only snakes did crap like that!! So then here is Bailey around the side of the tree doing tearing up another baby bunny. Finally she gets them inside and cleans up the bunny mess. How gross.

The Bunny Killer: Part II

Basco and Jase (my dogs) spend every Monday at my Ma's house because I work a double shift. So she calls about 8 last night and says, "you own bunny killers". My first question, "Do I own bunny killers, or bunny eaters?". She says, "oh just killers." I was relieved oddly enough. My ma went to let Basco and Jase in and when Jase jogged by Basco to come in Basco growled at him (meaning he had something that he didn't want Jase to have) so my Ma knew something was up. She goes out there and he has 2 baby bunnies (that he killed) in front of him as he's sleeping in the grass growling at Jase. (he does the same thing with rawhides inside. Hords them and growls at Jase when he walks by, moves, or breathes pretty much). So then Ma goes out picks up Basco, throws the two bunnies over the back fence and takes Basco inside. Then she goes to let Jase in and he has a third bunny and he's tossing it around like it's a stuffed toy or a rawhide. I don't think he had any clue he was playing with a dead animal. He's kinda a pretty boy and won't even walk through mud or drink water if it doesn't have ice cubes in it. So my ma goes out and of course Jase brings her the bunny so that she can throw it for him. So she throws that one over the fence too. She's pretty sure that Jase didn't kill any 'cause he's a big lug and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Basco on the other hand....he has issues. He thinks every moving thing is his to kill. Including men with hats and facial hair. And Jonah, my gaming buddy, for some reason Basco wants to kill him. Good thing the guys I date are geeky and can't grow facial hair.

8 comments:

LetsGoMavs said...

Hmm...you have a dog that likes to attack men with facial hair? Be sure to introduce him to the UND hockey team during the playoffs:)

Ok...the thought of your mom throwing dead bunnies over a fence is just gross. Hopefully it's not in town and going into a neighbor's yard!

Nin said...

I could smuggle Basco in the Kohl center under my coat....this could work. Let him loose in the locker room....hmmmm.

It's the back fence and he house backs Hwy 11 so it's just an open grassy area, no neighbors.

Anonymous said...

There are way too many bunnies in this world, but it's still GROSS!! You better avoid dating a manly guy with facial hair, huh??

Eric J. Burton said...

Oh my god just be happy your dog isn't eating socks. Yikes...

Nin said...

I dated a guy with facial hair that always wore hats. It was NOT good, but he never got bit while I was dating him.

Goon-if my dogs ate socks they would die. I love socks. If I could I would wear a new pair every day. I would kill my dogs if they ruined my socks.

Eric J. Burton said...

I don't get it at all. To this day the whole eating of socks has me perplexed. My buddy Don called them the other white meat...

When Dakota was a puppy I put them in his crate so he would know that daddy was close, and now he act like they are a delicacy. I blame my wife because most sock igenstions take place on her watch. Dakota also eats here nice leather shoes...

I am hoping he has out grown that one because I have not found any passed socks in the yard lately or when I cleaned up the yard this past spring.

I know that dogs can die from eating socks...

Nin said...

When I bought my house last October I put a couch in the sunroom and left the door open to outside so that the dogs could have some shelter from the elements and have a couch to sit on. (the couch was ripped and wouldn't fit in the house with all the other furniture either so it was kinda the only place for it anyhow) Eventually the couch got torn apart and eaten by one of the dogs. I found so many poop shaped strips of cloth in the yard this spring it wasn't funny. I pretty much had to rake up the couch before I could mow the lawn this summer. It was crazy.

You should tell your wife to put the shoes at a level higher than the dog. I've learned that there is my height and there is 'dog can't get to height'

Nin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.